Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Pineapple Slaw

My parents ate at a diner that served a pineapple coleslaw, and my Dad has tried to mimic it. This is me mimicking his imitation

Pineapple Slaw Ingredients

  • 1 medium head green cabbage, chopped

  • 1 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored, and cut into small pieces

  • 4 green onions, chopped

  • 1 bell pepper, chopped

  • ? cup white vinegar

  • cup mayonnaise

  • 1 tablespoon white sugar

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • teaspoon ground black pepper

How to Make Pineapple Slaw

  1. Mix cabbage, pineapple, green onions, and bell pepper together in a large bowl.

  2. Whisk vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a separate bowl; drizzle over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.

  3. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.

Pineapple Slaw Nutritions

  • Calories: 69.9 calories

  • Carbohydrate: 12.8 g

  • Cholesterol: 1 mg

  • Fat: 2.3 g

  • Fiber: 2.3 g

  • Protein: 1.1 g

  • SaturatedFat: 0.4 g

  • ServingSize:

  • Sodium: 141.4 mg

  • Sugar: 9 g

  • TransFat:

  • UnsaturatedFat:

Pineapple Slaw Reviews

  • Very good I used a bag of slaw mix (b/c Im lazy, lol), and an 8oz. can of pineapple tidbits, that I cut in half, and both worked great. I also doubled the dressing. I think that I would use more green onions next time, as I really liked the flavor of them w/ the pineapple. A nice change from the usual...I will be making this again Thanks for sharing. :)

  • This is an amazing cole slaw if you are like me and dont like the overloaded mayonnaise feel of most slaws. I also went the easy way and bought bagged slaw mix, and used a red bell pepper for both flavor and color. The green onion gives it a nice pop as well. I will be making this again and again, I served it with BBQ pork sliders and Mac n Cheese.

  • I also bought a bag of slaw and a can of crushed pineapple I used Rice vinegar, Vegenaise and 1 tsp of Agave instead of all the sugar the recipe called for. I also skipped the salt and pepper because it had so much flavor on its own. My entire family LOVES IT. This will become a summer fav.

  • This is my first review after years of using this app. I am a sailor aboard a ship and came to port with krout I made myself and found a pineapple tree. With much research if found that the two actually go together. A little dill, onion and sugar I was able to make a great slaw. I also added jalapeo. Im not sure how to make my own recipe on here but this was good. I am an amazing cook able to fork out food with ingredients on hand. My krout is just literally stuffing cabbage in a jar with no extra ingredients so when a recipe calls for cabbage and vinegar, the cabbage makes vinegar, something I never knew before sailing. It is so good. I mean so good

  • I made this and used canned pineapple because that was what I had on hand. I added the pineapple juice and reduced the vinegar to offset

  • This was yummy I didnt have real mayo so used Miracle Whip and didnt add any extra sugar. The red bell pepper mixed in really made it look pretty on the plate. I made this as a side to a marinated pork loin and coconut rice, and my daughter commented that it tasted like Thai restaurant food. As she has traveled in Thailand, I considered that a real compliment :)

  • Wow this was do good. I used slaw mix and fresh pineapple. a favorite in our house now

  • I thought this was a very nice variation. We love Cole Slaw I only had a small can of pineapple so l added a can of mandarin orange segments and I got lots of compliments at a potluck gift exchange.

  • Delicious summer time treat.

  • The green onions make it great

  • Yummy Used bag of coleslaw didnt have green onions so I used chives from my garden cause I have so many lol used 8 oz can of crushed pineapple drained well and a can of tidbits drained. will be making again. LOVE PINEAPPLE

  • I will never make coleslaw any other way It was delicious I used a can of well drained crushed pineapple.

  • This is a good recipe. Because Im basically a lazy cook, I used a bag of shredded cabbage. I liked using fresh pineapple because of its natural juices. This is my go-to summer potluck recipe. Its best to let it sit for a few hours before serving. I always get rave reviews.

  • I made the pineapple coleslaw. Loved the salad. Will definitely be making it again.Valerie

Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments: