Sunday, March 26, 2023

Lump Soup

Here is a recipe that I love that my grandmother made.

Lump Soup Ingredients

  • 1 egg

  • teaspoon salt

  • teaspoon water

  • cup all-purpose flour

  • 2 cups milk

  • 3 tablespoons butter

  • salt to taste

  • ground black pepper to taste

How to Make Lump Soup

  1. Beat the egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and water well. Gradually add flour until thick.

  2. Spoon into boiling water by 1/4-1/2 teaspoonfuls by dipping spoon in boiling water first then spooning dough into water (they come off easier that way). Cook 5-10 minutes.

  3. Drain off all water.

  4. Heat milk, put noodles back in, add butter or margarine, salt, and pepper.

Lump Soup Nutritions

  • Calories: 367.3 calories

  • Carbohydrate: 23.5 g

  • Cholesterol: 158.3 mg

  • Fat: 24.7 g

  • Fiber: 0.4 g

  • Protein: 13 g

  • SaturatedFat: 14.8 g

  • ServingSize:

  • Sodium: 839.4 mg

  • Sugar: 11.7 g

  • TransFat:

  • UnsaturatedFat:

Lump Soup Reviews

  • This recipe is so much fun to play withI didnt measure anything. I beat an egg with a little salt, then added flour until it was a thick batter. Meanwhile I had just a bit of water boiling into which I threw in some tiny bits of leftover ham, a little diced onion, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder, parsley, and cumin (for the heck of it). Once the onion was tender I put the batter in there. I just dip a bit out with the tip of a spoon, then use another spoon to push it off into the boiling broth. The lumps about double in size, so only use a very small amount of batter for each lump.Once the lumps were pretty much done I lowered the heat and added some milk, real butter, and shredded cheddar cheese.I wish I had a bit of veggies to throw in for color but it tasted very good all the same. I gave this recipe four stars but my additions made it five stars. :-) Use your imagination with this recipe

  • This is the WORST recipe I have ever tried in my life. It made such a mess it was unbelievable

  • I put the lumps in some onion soup - they tasted great, kind of like Matzo Balls.

  • These were wonderful They were also a big hit with my family members. I am totaly making these again. Thanks for sharing the recipe:)

  • I thought it was actually alright. Not too wild about it though and neither was my family. I wouldnt reccomend this.

  • Delicious, thanks so much for sharing this recipe. It reminds me of something my mom made when I was a child.

  • Not a bad start to a potentially delicious spaetzle soup... I drop these "lumps" into a boiling vat of chicken stock, potatoes, carrots, onion, and celery for a more flavorful version of this recipe.

  • This was quite an adventurous recipe for me...But it worked, and the family loved it. I Substituted half the milk (Mind you, I adjusted the recipe for 6 servings...) with a can of CampbellsCream of chicken (8 oz.) because I didnt want the soup to be too thin. I also chopped up some green onions and tossed them in 5 minutes before I was done, and it turned out nice. With or without noodles its still pretty good, but my choice of noodles would either be medium shells or egg noodles.

  • As is, I wouldnt make this again. I can see how this might be some comfort food you were raised on that your nana made for you when you were sick, but as a soup to eat.. umm no.. its salted milk. The dumplings were fine, but this would need things like veggies, meat and spices etc... bottom line.. this is a base that will need things added...

  • Yummy soup... fun to make and play with

Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments: