Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Chipotle Cheeseburger

A burger with a fiery twist The classic cheeseburger gets a tasty update with the addition of GOYA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce. These chipotle chiles are jalapeno peppers that have been dried, smoked, and then packed in a flavorful sauce made of tomatoes and other spices. Here, we add these special peppers twice--first to the mayonnaise, which gets spread on the buns, and then mixed into the meat before its grilled. And dont skip the red onions and tomatoes: they add a sweet, crisp bite.

Chipotle Cheeseburger Ingredients

  • cup Goya Mayonnaise

  • 1 chipotle pepper from a can of Goya Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, finely chopped

  • cup sauce from a can of Goya Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce

  • 3 tablespoons Goya Minced Garlic, divided

  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro

  • Goya Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning, to taste

  • 2 pounds ground beef (80% lean)

  • 1 teaspoon Goya Vegetable Oil

  • 6 slices Cheddar cheese

  • 6 hamburger buns

  • 6 (1/4 inch thick) slices red onions

  • 6 (1/2 inch thick) slices tomatoes

  • 6 lettuce leaves

How to Make Chipotle Cheeseburger

  1. In medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, 1 tbsp. chipotle sauce, 1 tsp. garlic, cilantro and adobo; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

  2. In large bowl, gently mix together beef, chopped chipotle, 3 tbsp. chipotle sauce, remaining garlic and adobo until combined. Divide meat into 6 portions; form into 1 inch-thick patties. (Take care not to over-handle meat or else it will toughen).

  3. Prepare grill to medium-high heat, grease with oil (or heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat). Cook burgers, flipping once, until charred and cooked to desired doneness (about 12 minutes total for medium rare). Add cheese to patties about 5 minutes before taking them off grill.

  4. To assemble, divide patties evenly among bottom buns; top with onion slice, tomato slice, lettuce and top bun spread with reserved chipotle mayonnaise.

Chipotle Cheeseburger Reviews

  • I Love this Recipe

  • Used ground turkey instead of beef, omitted the cilantro, as we dont like it. Otherwise fixed as written. They didnt stay together very well. Maybe needed an egg mixed in. We never have our burgers on bread, so just served them up.

  • These burgers were great. Flavorful and not dry at all But the way we had them was slightly different from this recipe.I had my brother cook them because I had a headache. Hes autistic and not that great of a cook... but I figured this recipe would be simple enough for him to make. He didnt measure his ingredients... I believe he used about a half cup of mayo, and he used the entire can of peppers and sauce.. which I figure was about 4 peppers and about a half cup of sauce. Instead of making the chipotle mayo as the directions calls for, he mixed everything together (the mayo, ground beef, garlic, peppers, sauce, etc). He also cooked them in the oven instead of the grill. The burgers still came out great. I was worried that using all the peppers would make the patties too spicy but they turned out to have just a slight, nice kick.The only downer was that we used cheap ground beef (73/27) so the pan was full of grease when they were done. Next time I will use leaner beef and cook them on the grill so that the fat can drip off the patties while they cook.4/19/12 update: I made these burgers again myself a few days ago and they were great. I doubled the recipe, used ground turkey instead of beef, mixed the mayo w/ the meat, added 1 egg, used the whole can chipotle and sauce (small can- I think its about 4 oz or so). I added more cilantro... maybe a 1/2 cup & cooked patties in oven. The burgers were great & not dry thanks to the mayo in the meat mixture.

  • Absolutley delicious A must try if you like a great burger

  • I have been making this before this recipe was added to the site. I have a few modifications. First, you can used fresh grated garlic (grate as finely as possible) or use garlic powder or dried minced garlic which seems to work better and not have as much of a bite as the fresh garlic. Also, dont use their special seasoning as it is basically salt and pepper with artificial filler. Add a dash of onion powder if you want, but skip the filler and control the amount of salt yourself. ALSO add chipotle chopped and the adobo sauce as needed, tasting as you go along. Everyone has a different heat level and this is the only way to ensure you dont make something you cant handle.

  • Really good moist burger Love the addition of the chipotles for a nice kick.

  • Very good recipe. Didnt make the chipotle mayo (dont like mayo). Topped with avocado in addition to the other veggies. Also subbed ground chicken for the beef.

  • These burgers were delicious and easy to make. i made them in a skillet, but i bet they would be absolutely amazing on the grill. the cilantro mayo really brought all the flavors together. i even made extra to dip fries in :) thanks for sharing.

  • Great This is 2nd time to cook em YUM Hubby, 18 y-0, his buddy & 7 y-0, we loved them again Used purchased flavored mayo and Picante brand chipotle sauce plus chopped onion in burger mix (No Goya brand found). Thanks for the fast simple summer flavor:)

  • We really liked these burgers and will make them again next time were in the mood for a spicy burger. May want to leave out the peppers in kids burgers.

  • These were a winner in our house and everyone loved them including my picky eater. I did make some minor changes. I used ground turkey instead of beef. I also used fresh garlic instead of the minced and dried cilantro since I could not find fresh cilantro locally. I did not have any issues with the meat mixture falling apart but I did not cook these on a grill but an electric skillet. I am normally a mayo hater but i really liked the chipotle mayo. It really added to the burger.

  • We loved these Restaurant quality burgers at home Very flavorful with just a slight bit of heat in the mayo. I think I will double the mayo dressing next time because it was only enough for 3 burgers For the adobo seasoning it says to taste, but I dont want to taste raw ground beef. I used a pinch of adobo seasoning in the mayo and 1/2 tsp in the burger mixture Great recipe Goya

  • I am glad the recipe only asked for ONE chile pepper It gave it plenty of kick. Honestly did not bother with the mayo hoping the burger was flavorful enough without it and it was. Plenty moist without it.

  • FANTASTIC Made exactly as written, and would not change a thing. I made them earlier in the day, and put them in the fridge to allow the flavors to blend. These were very moist and flavorful w/ a spicy kick. The chipotle mayo just puts this over the top, and is a must, IMO. This is another keeper from Goya(R) YUM Thanks for sharing. :)

  • I love this recipe Works really well with wild game. Mmmmmmmmmoose burgers.

  • I didnt like these. I think it is the chipotle. I guess Im not a fan of that pepper. My husband thought they were okay, but I will not be making these again.

  • I happen to love chipotles, and just have to say that those were some tasty burgers.

  • Great recipe as is I usually make it with a little more adobo and I use pepper jack cheese. As written this recipe works amazingly I also usually make a few extra pounds and freeze them. They work great on the grill or on the stovetop.

Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments: