Friday, July 7, 2023

Baby Doe's Cheese Soup with Beer

Baby Does Cheese Soup came from a famous steak place in Dallas, Texas.

Baby Doe's Cheese Soup With Beer Ingredients

  • 2 quarts milk

  • 1? tablespoons chicken bouillon powder

  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

  • 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce

  • tablespoon salt

  • 6 tablespoons cornstarch

  • cup water

  • 12 fluid ounces dark beer

  • 1 (16 ounce) jar processed cheese sauce

How to Make Baby Doe's Cheese Soup With Beer

  1. In a large pot over medium heat, combine the milk, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and salt. Bring close to a boil.

  2. In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the water and add to the soup, stirring well. Add the beer and the cheese sauce, reduce heat to low and mix well. Allow to heat through before serving.

Baby Doe's Cheese Soup With Beer Nutritions

  • Calories: 217.1 calories

  • Carbohydrate: 16.4 g

  • Cholesterol: 41.5 mg

  • Fat: 11.2 g

  • Fiber: 0.2 g

  • Protein: 10.3 g

  • SaturatedFat: 7 g

  • ServingSize:

  • Sodium: 1283.7 mg

  • Sugar: 10.5 g

  • TransFat:

  • UnsaturatedFat:

Baby Doe's Cheese Soup With Beer Reviews

  • I used to work at Baby Does and have searched for years to find a soup like theirs. This is wonderful and brings back some great memories. I like it best with a lighter beer. My husband bought a dark ale one time and it was a bit overpowering, but still a great soup. Thanks for sharing

  • Baby Does Matchless Mine in Dallas has long been a family tradition and the "Beer Cheese Soup" has been a lifelong favorite of mine (I would always ask for an extra cup). This recipie is very authentic. I, too have reduced the amount of Wsauce as the first batch was a little "fishy". Wife loved it, kids liked it as well. I have found a new "Soup and Sandwich Lunch" staple at the Hawke house. Just a note: they originally used Coors beer (in the 70s anyway) not dark beer. I made it with both and the results, while completely different, are both delicious Thanks for bringing back wonderful childhood memories

  • Made some slight modifications to the original recipe per other reviewers suggestions - less Worcestershire sauce, more cornstarch. My grocery store doesnt carry Cheese-Whiz so I used a 16 oz bar of Velveeta instead. Coors was my beer of choice. The soup was easy and fast to put together and absolutely delicious. Two friends have already asked for the recipe. Will definitely make again.

  • Ive had the original and this is pretty good. I used Newcastle beer which gave it great flavor. The tablespoon of Hot sauce gave it alot of kick, so next time Ill maybe use half. Added the extra cornstarch and still wasnt as thick as I would have liked. I paired it with some Sourdough Rye bread and it was fabulous

  • I have seaarched for the recipe from the Birmingham restaurant and this is it I love the soup we went to the restaurant just to get the soup. Add or redice the tobasco to adjust the "zip".

  • I was very disappointed in this recipe. I have tasted the soup in Baby Jane Does restaurant and this does not taste anything like the soup I remember....It was VERY beer tasting and if I ever made it again I would definitely use less beer.

  • I made it as recipe said and its too thin and just not that good. Ive had better lots better.

  • This soup is great Everyone i have made it for has loved it

  • My husband is not a big soup eater or leftover eater and wanted to eat this three days in a row. it makes alot.

  • Very good

  • YUM My husband and I often go to a local restaurant just for their beer cheese soup. This recipe was very close...just had a bit more spice. Next time I will try using a little more corn starch to thinken the soup up. Will make again

  • None of my kids would eat it. They said it tasted funny (the beer, I think).

  • Not bad. The beer cheese soup Ive had in the past was very thick and I thought it was very thin so I added more corn starch and doubled the cheese. I also added bacon and I used Guinness. The beer is pretty strong so make sure you use a flavorful beer. After I doctored it up it was quite tasty.

  • The flavor was a little strong to me - the processed cheese sauce I used had anchovies in it (Cheese Whiz), and witht he Worcestershire sauce, that was a little too much anchovy. Next time, I will add less W. sauce. Also, I had to add some extra corn starch. My husband loved it.

  • This soup looked and smelled really good but when it came to tasting there was way too much of a beer flavor for me. If I make it again I will cut the amount of beer at least by half.

  • GoodWill probably use different cheese next time, not a fan of the whiz.

  • Ive never eaten at Baby Does so I cant compare to the original, but it was a really good cheese soup. I reduced the worchestershire sauce and hot sauce because Im a little bit of a wimp. I used concentrated chicken stock instead of bullion, so I added a touch more salt. And I added a package of sharp cheddar cheese because the cheese flavor wasnt too strong. It added a nice texture, thickened the soup up a bit and it was just the flavor I was missing. Overall Id make it again - next time Ill have bacon on hand though. The garlic croutons I added helped it out too - I might use garlic salt instead of plain salt next time I think that would be a nice flavor add.

  • Not the recipe of beer cheese soup I was looking for. I was looking for something more elaborate tasting. This seemed to taste like beer and cheezwiz. The search goes on.....Thanks anyways.

  • Warning, the beer/alcohol taste in this recipe is very strong. I am not a beer drinker, but I usually like beer flavoring (beer brats, beer burgers, etc.). The beer flavor in this soup was just too strong for me. Perhaps cutting the beer down to 6 oz. would help.

  • Yum This is great We loved it I used a Buschs light beer, and I added a container of Kraft Old English sharp cheddar spread. Lovely flavor and wonderful consistency

  • I loved this soup It was SOOO easy to make, and tasted great. I just added a little more beer (my preference), and everyone enjoyed it.

  • I had been looking for this recipe for years - it tastes JUST LIKE I remember from Baby Does. So creamy and easy. Wonderful

  • Suprisingly easy

  • This soup is Awesome My husband and I both love it

  • This was great What a filling soup - next time Im going to have it in a bread bowl :-)

  • Whenever we go to the Renaissance Festival in our area we have cheddar ale soup. Recently my husband asked if I could make it at home. I chose this recipe because it looked like the simplest one available. It was a huge hit I knew it was a success when my husband called home from a business trip asking for the recipe so that he could make it for friends. Did I mention my husband doesnt cook? Even he could make the soup a success.

  • I have eaten at Baby Does and this is one of my favorite places in Dallas. Txwindsong

  • Worth time and effort to make this soup. If two only are to partake of this soup recipe,then its contents should be somehow reduced, unless one wants to enjoy this soup daily for a few days. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it so much that I easily grant this soup a four star plus rating.

  • I worked at Baby Does as well and it was not made with dark beer it was made with Coors Light. And it had bacon in the soup as well as for a garnish

Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments: